Thursday, May 24

Handbag

Sometimes I wonder how being a mother has changed me day to day. Occasionally I think maybe it hasn't. Obviously I am one, but am I that different? I have always erred on the bumbling and scatty but am I mum-type-bumbling? At work today, my fellow mum-colleague came in and fished in her handbag for a pen. She pulled out several snapped crayons with a puzzled expression and rolled her eyes. I thought about my own attempts to find anything in my bag and there found my answer.

In my handbag this morning I found:
  • my wallet (chewed)
  • my mobile
  • my keys
  • my spare keys in case I lost my keys
  • my camera
  • one either spare or dud battery-must check later
  • antibacterial hand gel
  • miniature bottle of Burt's Bees lotion
  • lipbalm covered in fluff
  • assorted crumbs
  • crushed packet of Quavers containing approximately two Quavers left
  • packet of paracetomal
  • Passport; presumably in case it all gets a bit too much
  • biro
  • spare biro
  • spare spare biro (yet can never find a biro at time of need)
  • six stacking cups, mercifully still stacked
  • one shaky egg
  • one board book, cunningly concealed
  • a half chewed arm of gingerbread person (chewed by Wriggles, not me)
  • hairband
  • assortment of expired bus and metro tickets and receipts
  • squashed mini packet of wipes
  • collection of bangles to distract Wriggles from swiping my keys and spare keys
  • dog-eared leaflets I cannot recall picking up
  • my friend's address scribbled on the back of a Pizza Express menu
  • pair of tiny socks (kicked off by Wriggles)
  • Sudocream
  • Small bottle of factor 50 sun cream
  • sweet wrappers (alas no sweets)
  • unposted birthday card for uncle
  • exceptionally tatty coffee shop loyalty card
At least rattly frog didn't make it in this time...

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha.. This cracked me up.. Reminded me very much of my own bag..particularly embarrassing when smidge empties it over the library floor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even have a handbag anymore! :0( The nappy bag is my handbag! :0( Oh dear! ;0)

    ReplyDelete